Rebecca Bitzer MS, RDN, LDN, CEDRDRegistered Dietitian Nutritionist, CEO
Rebecca Bitzer loves to empower Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs) and their clients. In 1987, Rebecca started a private practice in nutrition counseling that has grown to seven RDNs in four locations in Maryland including Greenbelt, Columbia, Rockville, and Annapolis .
She loves coaching Registered Dietitian Nutritionists and counseling clients recovering from eating disorders with her Empowered Eating Program.
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Intuitive Eating
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Certified Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist
- Certified Pet Therapy Team
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs (NE) Dietetic Practice Group
- Recent Private Practice Specialty Group Chair
- Sports Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition (SCAN) Dietetic Practice Group
- Disordered Eating and Eating Disorder (DEED)
- Recent DEED Physician Coordinator
- International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals (iaedp)
- International Federation of Eating Disorder Dietitians (IFED)
- Academy of Eating Disorders (AED)
- Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine (DIFM)
- Coauthor of Taste the Sweet REBELLION: REBEL Against Dieting Workbook
- Coauthor of Welcome to the REBELution: 7 Steps to the Nutrition Counseling Practice of Your Dreams
- Zing Nutrition Grant Winner, October 2016
- Today’s Dietitian: 10 Incredible RDs Who Are Making a Difference, March 2015
- Behavioral Health and Nutrition: Excellence in Eating Disorders Award, October 2014
More About Rebecca
Thirty years ago, Rebecca started a private practice in nutrition counseling that has grown to seven RDNs in three locations in Maryland. She loves coaching Registered Dietitian Nutritionists and counseling clients recovering from eating disorders. She believes it is time to give back to the profession and help other RDNs fast-track their careers by helping them avoid missteps she made along the way. Currently, she spends the majority of her time supervising, mentoring, and inspiring RDNs across the country. Her mission is help RDNs create the nutrition counseling practices of their dreams and be respected as the nutrition expert in their specific niche. She helps transform RDNs with top-notch clinical skills into business-savvy professionals with a success mindset and a compassionate heart.
For more information for dietitians, dietetic interns and students:
- Tips for Future Dietitians
- What exactly is a dietitian?
- Welcome to the Rebelution: 7 steps to create the nutrition counseling practice of your dreams
Rebecca can set you up with a complimentary introductory meeting by emailing her.
Rebecca is passionate about helping clients recover from eating disorders. In 2011, Rebecca developed the cutting edge Empowered Eating Program to help clients with eating disorders recover while remaining at school or work.
When Rebecca is not training RDNs or counseling clients with eating disorders, she loves getting out in nature. You can often find her near Chesapeake Bay, kayaking or paddle-boarding. When not on the water, she loves to travel to big cities and visit national parks. In cold weather, you’ll find her behind a camera, looking for something unusual in a consignment shop, writing, or reading a book.