This zesty Lemon Cookie Bites snack is sure to be a crowd favorite. Tastes just like a lemon cake! Try this fun and quick recipe for your next gathering!
What makes this recipe a healthier choice than a piece of lemon cake? This recipe includes dates, cashews, macademia nuts, oats and more. These are easy to make ahead of time and store well in the refrigerator for a few days.
Lemon Cookie Bites
- 8 dates
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- lemon zest
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Soak dates in warm water for at least 10 minutes to soften.
- In a food processor, add cashews, macadamias, and oats. Process until mixture reaches a fine, crumbly texture.
- Add softened dates, lemon juice, lemon zest, and maple syrup to food processor and blend until fully incorporated.
- Pinch off about 1 Tbsp of the mixture and roll into a ball. Continue with remaining mixture. This should yield about 14 bites.
Looking for other cookie bites recipes? Here are some of the most popular:
Since we know you are going to love these cookie bites, we also have other popular flavors of cookie bites. Give one of these healthy recipes a try:
- Oatmeal cookie energy bites
- Chocolate peanut butter cookie bites
- Coconut cookie bites
- Chocolate mint cookie bites
Love our Lemon Cookie Bites? You might also like to try these tried and true healthy desserts and snacks that are a favorite of our team and our clients.
For more diabetes friendly recipes, take a look at this cookbook by our dietitians Kaitlin and Klara, Cooking with Diabetes.
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
Some of these links are affiliate links. If you click these links and make a purchase, I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.