Gluten Free Chicken Teriyaki
- 1 cup soy sauce gluten-free
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb chicken boneless, skinless thighs
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- pinch Red pepper flakes crushed
- 1 zucchini
- 1 squash
- 8 oz mushroom
- 1 bell pepper red
- 1 onion
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Combine gluten-free soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, pineapple juice, brown sugar and garlic powder in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Place chicken thighs in a bowl. Add 1/3 cup soy sauce mixture, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Mix together and set aside.
- Slice zucchini into 1/4 in thick pieces. Remove stem and seeds from bell pepper, and leave in 2 large pieces. Remove stems from mushrooms, and clean off any excess dirt. Cut onion into thick slices, do not separate the rings.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat (you can also just use a regular sauce pan). Toss the vegetables in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender and grill marks appear. Remove from grill or pan and set aside.
- Place chicken on grill and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, until the chicken is cooked to 165F and there is no pink.
- To serve, take the bell pepper and onions, and cut into bite-sized pieces. Quarter the mushrooms and zucchini. Toss the vegetables in 2 TBSP of soy sauce mixture above.
- Serve chicken and veggies with rice (pictured) or grain of your choice.
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
Some of these links are affiliate links. If you click these links and make a purchase, I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.