Beef Lo Mein dietitian approved recipe. This recipe is definitely not the lo-mein on the totem pole. You guys, puns and eating are my super powers.
If you love take-out, how about giving this takeout recipe a try.
Make sure to take a look at our copycat spring roll recipe and our other favorite copycat restaurant takeout meals. Including 15 of our favorite recipes:
Cava Falafel Bowl
Air Fried Falafel Bites
Egg Roll in a Bowl
Sweet and Spicy Honey Sesame Chicken
Shrimp Fried Rice
Caesar Salad Summer Roll
Oven Fried Chicken
Baked BBQ Wings
Beef Lo Mein
- 10 oz udon noodles
- 2 tsp vegetable oil or avocado oil
- 1 bell pepper red, sliced into strips
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1 cup broccoli (cut into small chunks)
- 1 bunch green onions chopped separating the white and the green sections
- 2 cups green beans cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb sirloin thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low sodium
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add noodles and cook until tender. Set aside. Tip: Pour a little oil over the noodles and mix well to prevent from sticking.
- Heat a wok, or large pan over medium high heat. Add 1 tsp vegetable oil and cook red pepper, carrots, broccoli, white part of the spring onions, and green beans until tender and browned. Season with salt and pepper and remove from pan.
- Add another tsp of vegetable oil and add beef to pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until beef is no longer pink and has begun to brown.
- While the beef cooks, mix garlic powder, ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce and oyster sauce in a bowl, set aside.
- Add vegetables back into the pan with the beef, along with noodles. Mix well. Add soy sauce mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes until heated through. Garnish with the green part of green onions. Enjoy!
Enjoy our dietitians cooking copycat Asian takeout recipes including this Beef Lo Mein recipe.
Dietitians Klara and Kaitlin often prepare recipes on Facebook Live and on Instagram. Follow them at MARYLANDDIETITIANS to stay up to date with what they are preparing in the our office kitchen or their own kitchen at home.
Follow us on our Facebook
And our Instagram
And our Pinterest
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
Some of these links are affiliate links. If you click these links and make a purchase, I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
Blog revised and updated April 2020.
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.