Are you tired of suffering with the relentless symptoms of IBS, migraines or fibromyalgia pain? Food Sensitivity LEAP Testing can help.
Are you missing work or social events due to these symptoms?
Have you tried everything to get better?
Are you curious that your diet may have something to do with the problem? How about the SOLUTION? You may have food sensitivities.
What is the difference between a food allergy and a food sensitivity?
Food allergies are often easy to identify as their effects can be immediate whether it be a reaction on the skin or a systemic reaction that may cause life threatening anaphylaxis. The mechanism of a food allergy is different than that of a food sensitivity. A food sensitivity causes inflammation in the body in reaction to foods and/or food-chemicals. Food sensitivities are much more common than food allergies and are often neglected. That’s why those who suffer from food sensitivities tend to remain ill, even after going to many doctors and specialists. Since the reactive foods can be different for every person, even a generic anti-inflammatory diet may be toxic for some people.
Why are food sensitivities difficult to self diagnose?
First, they are different for everyone so it is difficult to know where to start. Next they are dose dependent meaning they can show symptoms in as little as 45 minutes or as much as three days after ingestion making it near impossible to determine the trend. They are also dose dependent meaning that you may be symptom free when eating the offending food in small amount but have those symptoms come rushing back if you ingest too much of that food or a combination of reactive foods.
How do we determine food sensitivities?
Food sensitivity testing is done using the patented Mediator Release Test (MRT). It is the most accurate and the most comprehensive test available for determining food sensitivities and has helped thousands of people identify their triggers and put and end to their suffering.
What does LEAP/MRT test?
LEAP/MRT identifies food sensitivities by testing the inflammation produced by 150 foods and food chemicals. It is done with a simple blood test and results are available in 10-14 days. Your MRT test results are presented to you in a graphic format showing low reactive, moderately reactive, and highly reactive foods and chemicals/additives. Then your dietitian will assist you in implementing your personalized “immunocalm” diet to heal your gut and resolve your unpleasant symptoms.
The following conditions are often associated with food sensitivities:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS),
- Chronic Diarrhea
- Muscle Pain
- Joint Pain
- Attention Deficit Disorder
If you suffer from any of these conditions our Food Sensitivity Testing program may finally give you the answers and a solution to your problems.
Click here to see a sample report.
Steps involved in process:
- Meet with your Registered Dietitian in order for them to review your medical history, family history, symptoms, and goals. Your dietitian will be able to evaluate if this testing is a good option for you!
- Join us on our monthly blood draw to get the blood work taken. We have a certified phlebotomist in our Greenbelt office monthly, check out our events calendar to see upcoming blood draw dates. Your dietitian can schedule you for this at your initial appointment.
- The test is not fasting. However, if you are getting other lab work drawn at the same time the other testing may require fasting so check with your dietitian.
- The blood work will be sent out that day by our office.
- Results typically come back to us within 10-12 days, our office will alert you when we have received them in order to follow up for an appointment to discuss your results. You will be given multiple copies and we urge you to share with your doctors!
- Follow-up nutrition counseling sessions in office or by phone (review of results and guidelines, meal and menu planning, grocery shopping, eating out).
Call or email for current pricing for MRT testing and nutrition counseling.
To learn more about Food Sensitivity Testing please feel free to download and review any of the forms below.
Curious to see what your LEAP/MRT results will look like? Check out this Sample of LEAP Results.