Whole Grain Spaghetti with Zucchini and Ragu Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 3 ribs celery diced
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef lean
- 2 28-oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 6 oz pasta whole grain spaghetti
- 4 cups zucchini spiralized
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion, carrots, and celery. Saute until they start to soften, about 5-6 minutes. Add ground beef to pot and continue to cook until meat has browned. Add crushed tomatoes, wine, Italian seasoning, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Bring pot to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Place zucchini noodles in a large saute pan over medium heat, stirring gently, until noodles start to soften, about 5 minutes. Add spaghetti noodles to pan and toss to combine. Divide noodles onto plates and top with a generous ladle of sauce. Enjoy!
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.