Twice Baked Sweet Potato
- 2 sweet potatoes medium
- avocado oil
- 1 tbsp butter unsalted, softened
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Rub outside sweet potatoes with avocado oil (or desired oil). Season with salt and place on baking sheet. Prick each potato with fork several times and bake in oven for 1 hour until soft.
- Remove potatoes from oven and cool slightly. Cut off the top third of each potato and carefully scoop out most of the sweet potato flesh, leaving about half an inch to provide support for the sweet potato.
- Mash sweet potato flesh well. Add butter, milk and cinnamon and stir to combine. Spoon potato mixture back into sweet potato skins and and return to oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar, orange juice, and pecans. Spread out on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake for 5-6 minutes. Stir, then return to oven for an addition 5-6 minutes. Remove from oven, stir again, and let cool.
- When potatoes are finished, remove from oven and top with pecans. Enjoy!
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.