This tofu zucchini rice bowl is the perfect taste of asian cuisine while still being low FODMAP! You can use 90 second rice to make it so easy.
Tofu Zucchini Rice Bowl
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup brown rice Uncle Ben's 90 Second Rice, cooked
- 4 oz tofu extra firm
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp cooking rice wine
- 1 tsp ginger ground
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp red chile flakes optional
- Wrap tofu in paper towels and place a heavy object on top. Let sit about 20 minutes to remove excess water from tofu. Cut tofu into cubes.
- Prepare marinade by combining rice wine, 2 tbsp soy sauce, ginger, pepper and chile flakes. Let sit for 10 min and then remove tofu from the marinade.
- Heat sesame oil in pan. Fry tofu until the edges are brown and crispy.
- Remove tofu from pan. Add in additional 1 Tbsp of oil and cook zucchini until tender. Add in remaining tbsp of soy sauce and the bean sprouts. Cook until bean sprouts are lightly wilted.
- Top rice with vegetables and tofu. Add additional soy sauce and ginger to taste.
If you are not sure whether you want to eat more vegetarian, vegan or plant based foods, here is a blog to see if a vegetarian diet is right for you.
Nutrition info is approximate and may contain errors.
Dana uses her advanced training in functional nutrition and food sensitivities to help her clients love and trust food again as they heal from years of painful symptoms that have dominated their lives. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Survival Guide.