Looking for a way to make Rotisserie Chicken Basic Chicken Salad a bit healthier? Have you thought about substituting greek yogurt for mayo in your favorite recipe. Take a look at how we did it below. Chicken salad is delicious lunch during those summer months when you want something cool yet filling. It is also a great way to utilize leftover pieces of Rotisserie chicken when you have already sliced off the nice pieces of chicken for dinner the previous evening. It is amazing how much chicken you can use to make chicken salad. This is a great way to save money also! Nothing better than a budget friendly lunch option.
Another great thing about having chicken salad on hand is that you can mix it up ahead of time for a quick and easy meal. Add the chicken salad to a tossed salad, or on whole grain bread or stuff a pita like we did!
Rotisserie Chicken Basic Chicken Salad
- 1/2 cup chicken rotisserie,diced or shredded
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp onion chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato chopped
- 2 tbsp celery (optional)
- black pepper
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- lettuce leaves
- 1 slice cheese of your choice
- Combine all ingredients, except the bread, lettuce, and cheese, in a bowl.
- Spoon the mixture onto the bread and top with lettuce and cheese. Enjoy!
Watch our dietitians make this tasty video:
If you are looking for similar recipes like Rotisserie Chicken Basic Chicken Salad, take a look at these recipes.
Still looking for more inspiration? Here are even more recipes and ideas:
- How to Make Rotisserie Chicken last all week
- How to Cook Your Own Rotisserie Chicken
- Mayhem to Mealtime: Meal Planning
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.