Looking for a fun, festive shrub mocktail? This can be a welcome addition to a cocktail party, happy hour or simply a before dinner non-alcoholic drink. What is a shrub? A shrub is a vinegar based beverage, typically mixed with spirits, water, or seltzer. Add a little pineapple and fresh ginger and you have a spicy, satisfying drink. Interested in other mocktail recipes? Take a look at this blog post for additional recipes and inspiration.
For more in formation on the importance of hydration, take a look at these basic steps in hydration including how to prevent dehydration. Not sure about a shrub mocktail, but still need to increase your fluid intake? Here are some tips on our recent blog on five water alternatives if you are bored with plain water.
Pineapple Ginger Shrub Mocktail
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 inch ginger peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups seltzer water
- Combine pineapple juice and ginger in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour pineapple ginger mixture into a pitcher through a fine mesh sieve. Use the back of a spoon to help push the liquid through. Discard the pulp.
- In a pitcher, combine pineapple ginger mixture, apple cider vinegar, and seltzer. Serve over ice.
Nutrition info is approximate and may contain errors.
Some of these links are affiliate links. If you click these links and make a purchase, I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
Recipe updated March 22, 2020.
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.