Our One Pan Roasted Chicken and Potatoes is so easy! Throw everything in one pan, stick it in the oven, and in about an hour you have dinner! This dish could not be any easier and minimal clean up too. This recipe is diabetes-friendly, dairy-free, gluten-free, low-sodium. It is also called a sheet pan recipe. We love to think about cooking in terms of methods of cooking.
For more recipes that are diabetes-friendly, see our overview of books and our book on cooking with diabetes here.
One Pan Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes small
- 4 chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts halved
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp desired low sodium seasoning We love Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute
- 1 tsp Desired oil
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat over to 425 F. Prepare baking sheet by spraying with cooking spray. Season both sides of the chicken with black pepper and desired seasoning, set aside. Place Brussels sprouts in large bowl, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper and desired seasoning. Toss to combine. Set aside.
- Slice sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Place sweet potatoes cut side down onto baking sheet. Spray tops with cooking spray. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove sheet pan from oven and place chicken (smooth side down) and Brussels sprouts on sheet pan. Return to oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Flip chicken and Brussels sprouts and continue to bake for 10 minutes, or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees F, and the Brussels sprouts are crispy and sweet potatoes are cooked through.
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
Some of these links are affiliate links. If you click these links and make a purchase, I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.