Our delicious Mushroom Frittata has eggs, leeks and arugula. What are leeks? Leeks have many similar health benefits to garlic and onions. They have antioxidants and contain folic acid, iron and vitamin A.
Leek, Arugula and Mushroom Frittata
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup leek thinly sliced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup mushroom
- 8 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup cheese Monterey Jack
- 3 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 oz goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Melt the butter and olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the leeks to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add in the garlic and cook for an additional minute or two. Reduce the heat to medium low and add in the arugula and mushrooms.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Add in the Monterey Jack cheese, parsley and pepper and mix well. Add the egg mixture to the skillet and sprinkle with salt.
- Stir the eggs gently until soft curds form. Turn the heat down to low and allow the mixture to cook for another 5 minutes or so without stirring, just until the edges begin to set.
- Remove the skillet from the stove and sprinkle the goat cheese all over the top. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for 10 minutes, or until the eggs have set. Turn the broiler on and cook for an additional 2 minutes to get the top a golden brown.
- Allow the frittata to cool for just a few minutes before slicing and serving warm.
We also enjoy mushroom burgers. Take a look at one of our blogs about using mushrooms to extend meat into a blenditarian meat. This blog will show you five of our favorite recipes using mushrooms.
Nutrition info is approximate and may contain errors.
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.