Meet Dietitian Dana
Who is Dana Magee? As founder of Rebecca Bitzer & Associates, I thought you would enjoy a monthly blog focusing on each of our dietitians AKA My Time to Brag about our AMAZING team. This month, I am featuring our dietitian Dana Magee.
Dana has been with Rebecca Bitzer & Associates for SIX years! Originally from Pennsylvania, Dana had always had an interest in biology and considered going pre-med. As a young high school student she was accepted into an allied health program where she spent half of the day in the hospital setting shadowing physicians. She was even able to sit in on surgeries and spend time in the maternity unit with the newborns.
In this experience Dana had not yet found where in medicine she was passionate about and started at the university of maryland as an undecided student. As a foodie, Dana has always had a love of food and the experience in college opened her to new food traditions, cuisines and people with a much different food experience. This lead Dana to attend a Dietetics workshop and the rest is history. Dana Graduated with her degree in dietetics and found her way to private practice working with RBA.
TESTIMONIALS about Dietitian Dana:
Here is what clients are saying about Dana:
“You know your stuff, and it does wonders following your prescriptions. Ever you ever had doubts, please don’t. You are in the right line of business that you are wonderful with. Dana, I thank you for caring for and helping my dad. Thank you so much. You were so kind to help him on short notice. It means heart and soul to me. Thank you! Thank you!”
“I hope to see you again. You’re one of the few people I trust and one of the best care providers I’ve ever had the pleasure to have known. Yes, I know where I can find you. Thank you for yoga, nutrition, diet, calm app, and everything! Thank you so much.”
“Thanks for reaching out. I very much enjoyed meeting with Dana! I feel she is a good fit for for me & my nutrition questions. Dana especially exhibited a level of compassion I don’t experience in the average provider – especially not on the 1st visit – so I’d like to highlight that very positive trait of hers.”
“Working with Dana has been truly life-changing. Dana is a true cheerleader and has been a critical step in helping me repair my relationship with food. She is incredibly kind and supportive. Her assistance with meal planning and working to get rid of my self-imposed “food rules” has been eye opening, and I have enjoyed a healthier relationship with food and myself as a result. I have struggled with restricting and then binging the majority of my life and now working with Dana, I see that healing is possible.”
Dietitian DANA IN ACTION:
As co-author of Taste the Sweet Rebellion: REBEL Against Dieting Workbook, Dana helps readers improve their relationship with food and find joy in eating and cooking again. Here Dana is promoting pasta, a food that often gets vilianized by the diet industry, at the Food and Nutrition Conference in Boston, Massachusetts.
Additionally, Dana is featured in our Mayhem to mealtime videos that illustrate just how quick and easy eating healthy can be. You can find these recipes in our Workbook and the videos on our website!
One of Dana’s favorite tools to teach her clients about it intuitive eating and utilizing the hunger scale to better connect their mind and body and what they are eating.
Here is Dana with fellow dietitian Alex at the NEDA walk raising awareness for eating disorders.
Here is Dana at the annual meeting for the dietetic practice group that she is on the board of: Behavioral health nutrition. Her first trip to Texas- she really enjoyed wearing her cowboy boots !
Dana has been featured on both Laurel TV and Bowie TV for regular nutrition segments. Here she is preparing guacamole (one of her favorites) and discussing healthy snacking!
TOP BLOGS WRITTEN BY Dietitian DANA:
WHERE CAN YOU SEE DANA:
Dana sees clients in our Annapolis, Columbia and Greenbelt, MD locations.
WHAT ARE HER SPECIALITIES:
Her specialties include:
- Binge Eating Disorder Recovery
- Digestive issues such as IBS, IBD and food allergies/sensitivities
- Integrative and functional nutrition
She also enjoys working with clients with:
- Weight management through the REBEL approach
WHAT MAKES Dietitian Dana UNIQUE:
10 facts you may not know about Dana:
- She has been with Rebecca Bitzer and Associates for 6 years!
- Dana LOVES wiener dogs! She grew up with 3 miniature dachshunds. If she sees one passing on the street she can’t help but ooo and ahh at them. Her lab mix Korra is going to have a dachshund puppy brother sometime soon!
- Her favorite animal is a flamingo because her favorite color is pink and their uniqueness intrigues her.
- Food favorites include pizza, summer tomatoes, hummus, chicken pot pie, broccoli, tacos and Ranch dressing!
- She recently got into yoga and have been loving the feeling she gets from it.
- In high school, Dana was part of a program that allowed her to shadow different clinicians and at just 17 years old she was able to sit in on amazing things including 3 surgeries and even spent time in the nursery with the newborn babies. But never once did they set her up with a dietitian! Once the science and food came together it clicked.
- Dana loves boots- all kinds but the most dear are her cowboy boots!
- Water! There is nothing more serene to Dana than lounging on a boat with the sun on my face and cold beverage in her hand.
- Dana got married last year to her boyfriend of 7 years- they met at the University of Maryland. He is a physical therapist at Anne Arundel Medical Center.
- There is nothing that makes Dana happier than when her clients are successful!
HOW CAN YOU CONNECT WITH DANA?
If you are struggling with digestive difficulties, or simply want to have more energy, if you are struggling with overeating, undereating or are stressed about your eating, Dana is the dietitian for you. Contact us to set up a consultation with Dana at 301-474-2499 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Rebecca Bitzer loves to empower Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs) and their clients. Co-author of Welcome to the Rebelution: Seven steps to the nutrition counseling practice of your dreams and Taste the Sweet Rebellion: Rebel against dieting.