Rebecca is an award-winning Registered Dietitian Nutritionist in Maryland who is both a seasoned nutrition counselor and successful business owner.
As a nutrition counselor, Rebecca has been helping clients with all kinds of eating challenges for over twenty years. She has the knowledge and experience to provide both individualized and group nutrition counseling to clients of all ages and backgrounds.
She realized early in her career that diets don’t work. Clients were either “on the diet” or “off the diet”. She intuitively knew that diets were not the answer to long-term good nutrition and health. Over the years, she followed the nutrition research and found like-minded Registered Dietitians to join her team to help clients meet their nutrition goals without deprivation. It was exciting to focus on what clients could eat, instead of what they should not eat. And since diets do not work (95% of weight lost on a diet is regained in 5 years), Rebecca started to focus on how to eat to ultimately provide more satisfaction, better health and legalizing all foods to get off of the dieting rebound cycle by teaching clients about mindful eating, intuitive eating and nourishing one’s body with respect and proper focus and intention without having to give up favorite foods or put oneself into a state of deprivation. This philosophy has helps hundreds of clients feel better physically and psychologically which has led to the Taste the Sweet REBELLION approach which includes ways to TASTE and ENJOY your food. REBEL sounds like a strong word, we are serious about what we believe and we hope you will enjoy what we think of when we say REBEL.
- R: REBEL against Diets
- E: EAT like a REBEL by embracing nutrition (not deprivation and restriction)
- B: BUILD confidence in your eating by learning to trust your true appetite and increase your awareness of hunger/fullness/boredom/stress
- E: EMPOWER yourself by developing a healthy relationship with food
- L: LIVE joyfully by unleashing your inner REBEL and ditching diets forever in favor of celebrating who you are, what you eat, how you eat and how well you take care of yourself
With this approach of meeting you where you are and tailoring a program designed just for you and your lifestyle, we can help you improve your nutrition and still include all your favorite foods. We will help you feel better without diets and other gimmicks that only work in the short-term. We have trained our team of Registered Dietitians to take the restrictive “diet” out of dietitian and we call ourselves “REBEL Dietitians”. To us, as your REBEL Dietitians, diet simply means the food that you eat in day in and day out. Not a mandated plan shooting for perfection that it has become in our dieting crazed culture.
Rebecca leads the team of Rebecca Bitzer & Associates: REBEL Dietitians to help our clients meet their nutrition goals, live joyfully and not let food get in the way of what really matters. We are the largest outpatient counseling center in Maryland. We have eight Registered Dietitians (RDs), six nutrition interns and 3 locations providing individual counseling for clients who want to get results. As a team, we specialize in diabetes, weight management through out Mayhem to Mealtime Program, food allergies, digestive issues, food sensitivities, heart disease, high blood pressure, polycystic ovarian syndrome, eating disorders, sports nutrition and overall healthy eating.
We enjoy finding creative solutions to keep our clients motivated to make positive lifestyle changes and to meet their nutrition goals. We strive to continually fine-tune our nutrition counseling skills, sharpen our knowledge of dietetics and develop new programs to encourage the success of our clients. We are here to help you in a positive, ground-breaking and refreshing way.
Rebecca’s team of REBEL dietitians is proud to provide nutrition counseling services and make a difference in people’s health using real food, cutting edge research and no gimmicks. Our REBEL dietitians are dedicated to providing the best nutrition care possible to help you maximize your energy, simplify your life, and feel better. We have even written a workbook to help you Taste the Sweet REBELLION: Rebel Against Dieting. Contact us to let us know how we can help you.
Author, Speaker, Leader, Award Winner
Rebecca is also an established author, in demand paid speaker, professional leader, and award winner.
- As an author, Rebecca co-authored a workbook on Taste the Sweet REBELLION: REBEL Against Dieting and a workbook on running a successful dietitian private practice.
- Rebecca speaks nationally about Rebecca Bitzer and Associates: REBEL DIETITIANS and the Empowered Eating Program.
- As a leader in her profession, Rebecca is currently on the leadership committee of Disordered Eating and Eating Disorders group with Sports and Cardiovascular Nutrition (SCAN) and is the private practice chair of Nutrition Entrepreneurs, a Dietetic Practice Group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, a Diabetes Influencer, and has taught classes at the University of Maryland, Columbia Union College, and Montgomery College.
- As an award winner, Rebecca was selected for Behavioral Health and Nutrition’s Excellence in Practice award for her work with Eating Disorders and Today’s Dietitian: 2015 Dedicated and Deserving Dietitian Award for her work with her intense eating disorder nutrition programs with Empowered Eating.