From Mayhem to Mealtime
Are you overwhelmed with cooking and meal planning?
Are you looking to create more balanced meals to promote good health without sacrificing good taste?
Are you looking for meal preparation ideas, inspiration and tips?
We all know what it’s like chasing after the day and playing catch-up when there is no plan. While living that way may have a level of excitement to it, going about the day without spending time considering what, where and when you will be eating can really narrow your options to what is around you, healthy or otherwise. Without a plan, we start looking for options after hunger strikes and by the time the food is made or purchased we are far beyond pleasant hunger. Feeling ravenous can set you up to overeat or eat faster than usual, leading to you consuming more food than your body needs. Feeling overly hungry can also lead us to chose calorically rich options like fast food or take out.
Planning healthy foods ahead will allow you to eat at the moment of hunger, eat healthier foods and reduce the stress around meal times.
Are you ready to get started?
Let us help you learn the art of meal planning for one or for you and your family. We have a NEW meal-planning program. You can begin this program at any time, by simply downloading the program and choosing level 1, 2, or 3, depending on your needs. You will receive informational and inspirational menus, recipes, grocery lists and time-saving tips each Thursday-just in time for you to grocery shop on Friday and prepare meals over the weekend!
In the program you will receive:
- 5 meal ideas with recipes and grocery lists for each of the 8 weeks (40 in total). In order to introduce you to a variety of meal planning techniques so you can find the one that fits best for you each week will have a different theme.
- Week 1: Turn 1 main ingredient into 5 different meals
- Week 2: One pot/pan meals
- Week 3: Meals just using the pantry or the freezer
- Week 4: Breakfast for dinner
- Week 5: 10 minute meals
- Week 6: Vegetarian meals
- Week 7: Theme nights by cuisine- Italian, Mexican …
- Week 8: Cook ahead Sundays
See our complete list of what is included here and read on to see what meal planning can do for you!
What can meal planning do for you?
- Increase your nutrients and healthy food! Most quick and convenient foods lack the balance (mostly fruits, vegetables, lean proteins and whole grains) that your body craves. Planning these items in is crucial because when left to chance it is not likely to happen.
- Without a plan, the hustle of daily life may lead to missing meals or snacks. This may leave you extremely hungry by the time you do eat- leaving you prone to overdoing it. Not to mention fatigue, irritability, food cravings, headaches and other signs your body needs fuel.
- The benefits of meal planning will shine throughout the week. Coming home and knowing what is for dinner is a very relaxing thought! It will allow you to spend your time on other important areas of your life.
- Meal planning will help your children know when to expect regular meals, which allows them to eat when they are hungry which will help them navigate correct portions.
- Savings- you can shave a ton off your budget when meal planning and cooking as opposed to eating out!
What can RBA Meal Planning do for you?
- We can incorporate the foods you love! Everyone has their own preferences and nutritional needs. Printing a carbon copy for everyone will not make for success, so we take the time to meal plan along with you to make sure it fits for your life.
- We can take into consideration your lifestyle, time constraints and budgeting concerns.
- New to the cooking or meal planning game? We can start with the basics and help you become an expert!
- We can accommodate for your disease state. As registered dietitians we are the professionals that can prescribe disease specific nutrition recommendations, which keeps you safe from the sea of misinformation out there!
- Stop the short order cook routine and beat the burn out. Making 2,3 or 4 meals a night to please everyone will leave you dreading meal times. Let us help guide you toward enjoying your meals again and end the food fights around the dinner table.
- Tackle barriers: many of us know what we WANT to do, we may even call it what we SHOULD do. But what is getting in the way? How do we conquer it? Together we can identify and address the barriers that are keeping you stuck.
- We can help you prioritize your nutrition and health, keep you accountable and educate you how to do it on your own!
Watch our Mayhem to Mealtime video to see us quickly make Meatloaf in Muffin Tins!
You can also watch our other cooking videos here!
You can certainly complete this program on your own in the comfort of your own home or office. Or, if you would like to work with one of the creators of this Mayhem to Mealtime Program, we would love to work with you face to face or even on the phone, so please schedule an appointment with a REBEL Registered Dietitian to begin meal planning, please call us at 301-474-2499 or fill out the contact form below!