Have you been recently diagnosed with Chronic Kidney Disease?
Has your doctor referred you to see a dietitian for kidney health?
Are you afraid of eating because you aren’t sure what foods will harm your kidneys?
Do you want to know what you “can” and “can’t” eat on the therapeutic kidney diet?
We are here to support you. Diet plays a huge roll in kidney function, whether it be preventing kidney disease or preventing it from progressing. But, we understand that eating for kidney health can be difficult to do on your own, which is why our dietitians at Rebecca Bitzer & Associates will help you to navigate the many components of the “kidney diet”.
By working with a REBEL Renal Dietitian, you will…
- Learn how to successfully meal plan for optimal renal health
- Feel confident in choosing food choices, both at home and out to eat
- Understand how potassium, protein, phosphorus and sodium affect the kidneys
- Gain knowledge about the positive lifestyle change you can make to support your kidneys
Not only will your dietitian work with you to design an eating plan that suites your needs, but they will also coordinate with your nephrologist, primary care provider and other members of your healthcare team to ensure you are getting the best treatment possible.
Do you want more information about Chronic Kidney Disease?
Check out our blog series:
- The Kidney’s Role in Our Bodies
- What is Chronic Kidney Disease? COMING SOON
- REBEL Nutrition For Renal Disease: What to eat and what not to eat for kidney disease COMING SOON
- Phosphorus and Kidney Disease: What you need to know COMING SOON
- Potassium and Kidney Disease: What you need to know COMING SOON
We are here to support you! Give our office a call today at 301-474-2499 or fill out the contact form below to schedule an appointment with one of our registered dietitians.
Medical nutrition therapy for Chronic Kidney Disease is covered by Medicare part B. Other insurances, including BCBS and Cigna, typically cover for Chronic Kidney Disease as well. However, we recommend you check your benefits. Our office would be happy to answer any questions you may have about insurance coverage.