How fast or sluggish is your metabolism?
How can measuring your Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) help with weight management?
We can take the guesswork out of determining calorie needs. Charts and tables can only provide estimates of caloric need and can still lead to under or overeating. Indirect calorimetry has long been recognized as the best solution. But complexity, cost, and maintenance made it unavailable to most.
Korr Medical Technologies recently introduced the Reevue, an affordable, lightweight, and accurate device for metabolic measurements that is tailored specifically for nutritional assessments. The portability allows sports nutritionists to easily move from client to client, doing multiple tests each day. The simple one key operation and auto calibration allows us to measure you RMR in our nutrition office. And the accuracy is the same as the expensive, bulky metabolic carts of the past.
What is Energy Balance
It is important to remember the basics of Energy Balance, simply put, if you burn more energy than your body absorbs, you will lose weight and vice versa. When food is absorbed into your body it must either be burned as energy or stored as fat.
Achieving your ideal weight begins with finding the right balance of exercise and caloric intake. But each person’s balance is unique. Knowing your Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) can put you on the path to healthy living. Everyone has a unique number – find out yours.
- Measures the number of calories your body burns at rest.
- Is determined by measuring the amount of oxygen you consume while resting.
- Tells you how many calories you would burn in a day – if you rested the entire day.
- Can help you determine how many calories you should be eating each day to maintain, gain or lose weight.
What To Expect – It Is As Easy As 1-2-3!
Step 1 – Fast
- It is important that you are able to reach a resting state 15 minutes before your test.
- You should avoid activities such as exercise at least 4 hours prior to the test (12-24 hours preferable.
- Avoid eating or taking stimulants, such as caffeine and nicotine, at least 4 hours prior to the test (8-12 hours preferred).
Step 2 – Breathe
- The nutritionist will place a nose clip on your nose and you will be given a disposable, sterile mouthpiece to breathe through.
- This mouthpiece is connected to the ReeVue by a hose that will measure how much oxygen you are breathing out.
- It is very important that you breathe only through the mouthpiece so this measurement will be correct.
Step 3 – Sit
- Sit back and breathe normally.
- The ReeVue will indicate when it has calculated your metabolic rate.
- This takes about 10 minutes.
- The more relaxed and even your breathing, the quicker it will be able to determine your resting metabolic rate.
IT IS JUST THAT EASY!!
In just 10 minutes, we will know precisely how many calories your body is burning. Your diet can then be tailored to maintain the right caloric balance. Proper nutritional assessment by Korr Medical Technologies can put you back on the road to better health!
Cost: The fee for the RMR test is $100.